• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

VZAccess Manager

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

EdwardJ

Feb 5, 2024
I am using Windows 10, and I am also using VZAM 7.10.0.1, which is the latest version along with a Pantech UML290 Modem. My problem is that it keeps shutting off after about 10-15 minutes. I have tried everything that I know. (Like Network Reset, uninstalling everything associated with the VZAM and UML290 Modem software, then re-installing). It still shuts off. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Thank You,

Edward

I am using Windows 10, and I am also using VZAM 7.10.0.1, which is the latest version along with a Pantech UML290 Modem. My problem is that it keeps shutting off after about 10-15 minutes. I have tried everything that I know. (Like Network Reset, uninstalling everything associated with the VZAM and UML290 Modem software, then re-installing). It still shuts off. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?
Is it shareware? If full version try disconnect from the internet and use the software. Reply back.

This is what I have, and the setting.

Thank you

Attachments

• VZAM 1.JPG
    VZAM 1.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 5
  • VZAM.png
    VZAM.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 5
Can you tell me more about it? What it is and what is for. Software that uses network access is harder to block as it needs to connect to the internet and the software uses this method to call to the creators servers.
It is the Internet program for my Pantech UML290 Modem, it connects me to the internet via the Verizon Access Manager. I have tried everything, yet it continues to shut off. I am trying to find others who may have encountered it. The software is no longer upgraded, nor do they have another app for it that I am aware of.

This is what I have, and the setting.

Thank you
Edward you might want to check this out. Pantech Troubleshooting
If that's true it's another example of tower bandwidth be grossly oversold. The only other possibility is the Pantech is overheating and physically shutting off. I have been against cellular towers supplying residential Internet. If you are just checking email or hanging out in facebook, that's all those connections are sold to supply. Those disconnects are designed as a "legal" way of throttling bandwidth usage and tower congestion. By legal remember the trouble Comcast got into when they started throttling usage.

Edward you might want to check this out. Pantech Troubleshooting
If that's true it's another example of tower bandwidth be grossly oversold. The only other possibility is the Pantech is overheating and physically shutting off. I have been against cellular towers supplying residential Internet. If you are just checking email or hanging out in facebook, that's all those connections are sold to supply. Those disconnects are designed as a "legal" way of throttling bandwidth usage and tower congestion. By legal remember the trouble Comcast got into when they started throttling usage.
The link does noy open.

The link does noy open.
Yeah that site took a dump, sorry. Still my money is on VZ kicking your connection off. Those towers are all being oversold through them and all the partners they lease to. The whole cellular Internet is never going to replace a straight cable or fiber run to the NOC. I am waiting for Musk to start crying when his satellites get over-sold. LTE and satellites are not there for downloading, even high bandwidth streaming for anything more than a short time. Those towers were designed for Phones until 5G came along. Even then there is just so many channels and bandwidth to divide between customers.

Latest posts

Back