• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

What is a HVNC (Hidden VNC)?

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

hacxx

VIP
May 29, 2021
For anyone that don't know what a HVNC is then is called Hidden VNC and normally after been installed in a computer it will add a new hotspot to your wifi connections and the communication between the client and server is made inside a VPN network which will make it dificult to see or decrypt the traffic.

Last edited:
Never heard of such a thing. How does this compare to a router let's say with the VPN client installed?
What exactly are you hiding? Your MAC addy of the system that's become part of a very elementry private LAN never should leave the LAN, that's the router's responsibility. Many modern ethernet/WiFi adaptors allow you to spoof the MAC address.
The reality is the traffic is still directed through your ISP and they are completely aware of the traffic going in and out of a premise VPN or not. All that's changed is the next hop AFTER the ISP is routed thru the VPN's POP. Once the traffic hits the VPN's POP is it then rebadged with the VPN as the originator of the traffic. So what exactly are you hiding? You are removing your ID from the direct traffic on the local LAN. All it shows is originator as the system that is providing ICS over hot spot.

Overall a Hidden VNC will install a access point on your computer and install a trojan. This trojan traffic will go in the VNC which is a vpn. The traffic cannot be monitored. If i find any new method used by blackhats, will post.

Thankfully I have a stand-alone business class router which inspects all traffic between the switch and EVERYTHING connected to it. If it's not whitelisted, it isn;t going through and will alert me of rouge trafic. I do agree most home internet is like leaving the front and back doors unloacked for ease of use and less intervention by the ISP. The ISP installs hardware that requires as little call ins by users and frankly could give a damn about security.

Back