• Donate
    TheWindowsForum.com needs donations to stay online!
    Love TheWindowsForum.com? Then help keep it alive by sending a donation!

New member but old computer user

WELCOME TO THEWINDOWSFORUM COMMUNITY!

Our community has more than 63,000 registered members, and we'd love to have you as a member. Join us and take part in our unbiased discussions among people of all different backgrounds about Windows OS, Software, Hardware and more.

RoniHew

Feb 16, 2022
Hi everyone!
I have been a computer user since 1979. Way before home computers. I bought my first computer using DOS 2.0 in 1985 with a 20 mg hard drive and 8k of RAM. It cost $1800 back then. It's amazing what you can get for that money now. Anyway, I try to keep up on Windows news. I used to buy the Windows Magazine subscription every year when it was published. I miss it. I am retired now and work at several non-profit organizations. One being I am the editor of a tiny monthly newspaper. I keep busier now, I think, than when I was working 40 hours a week. I hope I can gain more knowledge with this group.

Howdy Roni. I go way back too, my first consulting job involved TRSDOS (really). Between then and now I was able to get in a marine bio degree and did a couple of years research at sea in the North Atlantic before back to tech 17 years ago to pay the bills.
Recently I took a position at a pretty large VoIP provider in the tech department which is forcing me to learn some things about networking I really didn't know outside of theory.
We get a pretty good mix of this and that here so enjoy the community. Please feel free to add to threads any time.

Hi everyone!
I have been a computer user since 1979. Way before home computers. I bought my first computer using DOS 2.0 in 1985 with a 20 mg hard drive and 8k of RAM. It cost $1800 back then. It's amazing what you can get for that money now. Anyway, I try to keep up on Windows news. I used to buy the Windows Magazine subscription every year when it was published. I miss it. I am retired now and work at several non-profit organizations. One being I am the editor of a tiny monthly newspaper. I keep busier now, I think, than when I was working 40 hours a week. I hope I can gain more knowledge with this group.

Welcome Roni! ;) :D

Hi everyone!
Why not play with thewindowsforum.com scripts. You can develop an array of programs and be part of the community. If you need help with code, reply back...

I also was a DOS man but used DRDOS not MSDOS i was anti microsoft back then
but now i am a Windows insider Dev Channel

Back